Today marks the first time that I killed one of my wheels. The back wheel of my left skate to be exact. It now has a crack around the entire wheel, exposing the plastic beneath. What a sad sad day. The death of one of my wheels. Now I have to go get a new set of wheels. doh! About time I suppose. Today's trip to East Coast Park was quite fruitful, having learnt a couple of new things and brushed up on some older stuff. The only setback was the slight rain which dirties the skates and my poor wheel!
Aside from that, I recently found a book from the library about the Parker Brothers. In case you're wondering who these mysterious Parker Brothers might be, they're the people who created Monopoly and Cluedo. Starting to ring a bell yet? It's quite cute reading about how they started and that George Parker, the original founder, was only a teen when he created and published his first game. Of course it wasn't all smooth sailing but I'm only halfway through the book so I can't really give an overview of it yet. Also, the moustache guy wearing the tophat seen in Monopoly is called...Mr. Monopoly. (doh!) He was originally called Rich Uncle Pennybags but it was changed to Mr. Monopoly as it was deemed to be more memorable. He was originally called Rich Uncle Pennybags because he also appears in a game called Rich Uncle I think while Pennybags is the name of some person.
And just to touch on the poor soldiers who died after the Taiwan plane crashed, it is just super "sway". Being in the store doesn't seem so safe after all does it? Of all the things to happen and worse still, they only had a bit more to ORD. Is it all fate?
Word of the day: doughty - valiant; brave
Aside from that, I recently found a book from the library about the Parker Brothers. In case you're wondering who these mysterious Parker Brothers might be, they're the people who created Monopoly and Cluedo. Starting to ring a bell yet? It's quite cute reading about how they started and that George Parker, the original founder, was only a teen when he created and published his first game. Of course it wasn't all smooth sailing but I'm only halfway through the book so I can't really give an overview of it yet. Also, the moustache guy wearing the tophat seen in Monopoly is called...Mr. Monopoly. (doh!) He was originally called Rich Uncle Pennybags but it was changed to Mr. Monopoly as it was deemed to be more memorable. He was originally called Rich Uncle Pennybags because he also appears in a game called Rich Uncle I think while Pennybags is the name of some person.
And just to touch on the poor soldiers who died after the Taiwan plane crashed, it is just super "sway". Being in the store doesn't seem so safe after all does it? Of all the things to happen and worse still, they only had a bit more to ORD. Is it all fate?
Word of the day: doughty - valiant; brave