It's been a troublesome week, although not exactly terrible. Once again I was emcee for a parade, which I don't mind actually. Being emcee is fun in a few ways...Firstly if you're emceeing you don't need to be marching in the parade. Secondly, you get to watch the parade from a vantage point. Thirdly, it forces you to watch your diction and pronounce the words properly, something we don't do on a daily basis. Wednesday went alright since it was just getting used to the place and the script. Thursday was bad. Wasn't in very high spirits that day and everything looked gloomy. Even my emceeing was quite bad, considering the several remarks I had gotten to be more lively. Somehow managed to endure through the day. Friday turned out to be a much better day despite the rain which set the stage for a dramatic parade. At that point of time, I was very relieved to be speaking from a dry, comfortable office!
So anyhow, went off to watch fireworks that night, which I wouldn't have done if I had dinner at home. Must've been fate that I didn't have dinner at home or I would've missed the spectacular display of light. There were some parts which reminded me of being in a live firing range with an all the rifles firing simultaneously but the fireworks really came in all shapes! The most unique was the burst into 2 hearts side by side. Never knew they could manipulate the shapes of the fireworks. There was another one which exploded very near the water and the flares came to about 3m in front of me! phew! Was that a misfire or what? haha. And so that was a good end to the week.
Saturday came and went thanks to this longggggggggggg DOTA game which lasted about a 100min. Thought we were gonna die cause they kept clearing our whole team. Somehow, we made it by simultaneously pushing the sides. We had managed to get the middle down early on but they got back in the game. It was the longest game I've had and the best part was that no one left throughout the 100min. So, that, in addition to my lack of a proper sleep in camp, led to my waking at noon. Went for lunch, came back, then went to Ryan's birthday where I met up with Joel, Huiyang, saintz and his girlfriend. Wanted to stay longer but already had tickets for Bourne Ultimatum at 2130hrs so I only spent 2 hours with them. They're all still the same! haha just that their sizes may have changed a little. Oh yes, Bourne Ultimatum is more cool than action packed. The way he does things is in a world of his own. He doesn't exhibit the stylish exuberance of Bond, neither does he drive flashy cars or have hot sidekicks. Bourne has a more believable, more down to earth kind of feel.
Okay another week in camp! 7 days to AHM which is only 12km for me.
Jas-online; Bnet Huang; Lan Heng Wee; Pradeepa Singapura; E2max Chuen; Derrick Animeong, Shaun Dotan
Link of the day: www.iconnecte.com
So anyhow, went off to watch fireworks that night, which I wouldn't have done if I had dinner at home. Must've been fate that I didn't have dinner at home or I would've missed the spectacular display of light. There were some parts which reminded me of being in a live firing range with an all the rifles firing simultaneously but the fireworks really came in all shapes! The most unique was the burst into 2 hearts side by side. Never knew they could manipulate the shapes of the fireworks. There was another one which exploded very near the water and the flares came to about 3m in front of me! phew! Was that a misfire or what? haha. And so that was a good end to the week.
Saturday came and went thanks to this longggggggggggg DOTA game which lasted about a 100min. Thought we were gonna die cause they kept clearing our whole team. Somehow, we made it by simultaneously pushing the sides. We had managed to get the middle down early on but they got back in the game. It was the longest game I've had and the best part was that no one left throughout the 100min. So, that, in addition to my lack of a proper sleep in camp, led to my waking at noon. Went for lunch, came back, then went to Ryan's birthday where I met up with Joel, Huiyang, saintz and his girlfriend. Wanted to stay longer but already had tickets for Bourne Ultimatum at 2130hrs so I only spent 2 hours with them. They're all still the same! haha just that their sizes may have changed a little. Oh yes, Bourne Ultimatum is more cool than action packed. The way he does things is in a world of his own. He doesn't exhibit the stylish exuberance of Bond, neither does he drive flashy cars or have hot sidekicks. Bourne has a more believable, more down to earth kind of feel.
Okay another week in camp! 7 days to AHM which is only 12km for me.
Jas-online; Bnet Huang; Lan Heng Wee; Pradeepa Singapura; E2max Chuen; Derrick Animeong, Shaun Dotan
Link of the day: www.iconnecte.com