Goodbye my beloved Asics shoes

What you are about to read is going to be completely jumbled up. First off, my Asics shoes are going to be retiring from the world of running. Will probably be used for alternative sports like badminton in the future. I shall use my new Adidas Supernova Cushion 6! The same pair that Brent has. Actually can't wait to try them out but I can't run in my current condition. Shall wait a while before I start again. I am actually thinking of running next year's Army Half Marathon with my platoon. Still thinking about it. If no one wants wants to run and I don't need to accompany anyone then I think I'll probably join my guys in running.

Anyway I have decided December is going to be a month of self-indulgence filled with food, shopping and going out. It's very bad fiscal policy not to have a budget but I guess I'll make an exception this once. Next year it'll be back to tightening the purse given my precarious financial state currently. That's why I saved most of my allowance in NS. I've decided that this Christmas, I will try my best to send out Christmas cards...IF I ever get down to doing it.

Enchanted is a really good Disney type of movie. If you love Disney shows (like me!) then you MUST watch it! It encompasses the magic and songs you'd expect from a typical disney movie. The lead actress in the show ain't the stunning kind of pretty but more of the disney princess kind of magical, naive and innocent. Not to mention all the great soundtracks from the movie. I have always maintained that Disney produces some of the best songs ever!

Dempsey Road is a very very nice place to visit. Would be even nicer if you're rich and not some poor bloke like me. But we make do with what we have. It's so quaint and out of the way yet so near town. Even the Ben & Jerry has a different ambience to it all. The most ironic thing about the whole place is that it used to be an army camp. Loewen Road is there. The thought of visiting a former camp could be quite a turn-off (and some places do resemble camp a bit with the dim lighting) but once you're in the heart of it all you'll never believe that drills and enlistment were once carried out in that pretty place. In addition to that all, they have peculiar names...names that can be pronounced easily, just takes careful reading =P They tend to use a very traditional slim kind of font or a cursive italicised type which makes "Creating Waves Art Cafe" appear as "Cheating Waves Ant Cafe" (sorry couldn't resist!) and I believe that there's something with the air there which distorts sound causing "Dempsey's Hut" to sound like "Damn she's hot!"...What the crappppp?! How does that sound alike?! =P

Anyway I've been listening to several songs over and over again these few days. From High School Musical are "When there were me and you", "Start of something new" as well as "Gotta go my own way". From Moulin Rouge is "Your Song" and from Enchanted are "Ever ever after" and "true love's kiss". Reconnecting with my English songs a bit after a long stretch of Chinese.

That's it for now! Anyway here's an amusing video on post-marathon blues.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-hCuYjvw2I

0 Response to "Goodbye my beloved Asics shoes"