Start early

A peek into the future.

So what happens after we finish our studies and head straight on into the workforce? Will it be a lifelesss process? My weekday has been rather standard for a while now. Provided that I don't go out after work (which is often the case), a typical day starts with dragging myself out of bed before clubbing my way to work. When I do get home in the evening, dinner is accompanied and followed by some TV. After that, it's onto the computer to check out companies and chat. By the time I'm done reading it's about 10ish and well, it's time for bed.

Something good has come out of this though. After a long day at work, I can still get myself to look at companies and the markets which is a good sign. Perhaps I'm meant to do this. It really is exciting when you know that what you're doing actually will have an impact on your financial health. There's no time to start like the present. Think about it, if we wait till we graduate before we actually start, it'll be 4 years wasted. There's so much to learn in 4 years! You could have missed a boom or a bust and be 1 cycle behind someone who started today. And well, all I have to say is, investing is similar to mahjong. You can create a paper portfolio to learn and practise a bit but it's like playing mahjong without any money. There are no risks involved. Whether you win with 1 tai or 5 tai, all that happens is that you feel good. There's no pressure when someone on your right already has 4 tai and you don't know if you should throw a certain tile. It's the same with the stock markets. There's a dash of uncertainty in every trade due to the psychological effects and the fact that you actually have something to lose.

Anyhow, I'm glad I'm starting early!

0 Response to "Start early"