Alright a short update on the trip. It's been a very fun getaway out of the country. We more or less managed to achieve what we set out to do and more. Thais are generally really friendly people. That said and done, Bangkok isn't a place I would want to live in with all the pollution and traffic jams. Well, if you do go to Bangkok, do check out the clubs there for the Thai music from the live band if nothing else (of course the alcohol is quite cheap too).
In the meantime, some bullish sentiment or at least optimism has seemed to creep back into the fray. The STI is in the low 3200s but most of the stocks which I'm looking at haven't done too badly. Sino Environment closed at $2.09 today which is spectacular considering it closed at $1.57 just 2 days ago. That's 30+ percent in 2 days! I'm pretty amazed by what the stock market can do and it is also a humbling experience at the same time. Trying to predict the market is truly impossible.
Berkshire Hathaways had their AGM recently and I was reading a transcript of the Q&A session. Buffett and Munger are truly investors worth looking up to. Their intellect and very unique way of investing really makes things looks so simple. There's one part where he says that if you can't make up your mind to buy the company in 5 minutes, 5 months of research won't help. In that sense he's also said in a book that if the company doesn't blow you away and strike you immediately as a great buy, it probably isn't. Okay I admit it's not as easy as he says since you are, at the end of the day, putting money in. Here's the link.
http://www.gurufocus.com/news.php?id=26818
Buffett fans go check it out!
Price is what you pay, Value is what you get
In the meantime, some bullish sentiment or at least optimism has seemed to creep back into the fray. The STI is in the low 3200s but most of the stocks which I'm looking at haven't done too badly. Sino Environment closed at $2.09 today which is spectacular considering it closed at $1.57 just 2 days ago. That's 30+ percent in 2 days! I'm pretty amazed by what the stock market can do and it is also a humbling experience at the same time. Trying to predict the market is truly impossible.
Berkshire Hathaways had their AGM recently and I was reading a transcript of the Q&A session. Buffett and Munger are truly investors worth looking up to. Their intellect and very unique way of investing really makes things looks so simple. There's one part where he says that if you can't make up your mind to buy the company in 5 minutes, 5 months of research won't help. In that sense he's also said in a book that if the company doesn't blow you away and strike you immediately as a great buy, it probably isn't. Okay I admit it's not as easy as he says since you are, at the end of the day, putting money in. Here's the link.
http://www.gurufocus.com/news.php?id=26818
Buffett fans go check it out!
Price is what you pay, Value is what you get