The long break

Perhaps the long break after the end of A levels wasn't that bad a thing. Unlike in the US where taking a gap year after high school is getting pretty common, we just move along from one academic pursuit to another, leaving the average student without time to truly consider his future. If you are already very passionate about a certain profession or activity by the time you enter JC or poly thenyou are possibly amongst the lucky few. Why else would so many triple science students end up doing arts or social science subjects?

All the sickening parts aside that have transpired since I last stepped into school, I suppose it's been a good respite. At least I'm pretty sure of what I want to do in the future now and I've, hopefully, settled some stuff with myself by now. Like they say, in every crisis there is an opportunity. Well, for all the complaints when you go through it, not everything that comes out of army is bad. I'm pretty sure I would never have run my 42km if not for it. You know how people always say that NS turns boys into men. I've always wondered, is that truly the case? Or is it just because you come out 2 years older than when you go in? So, well, technically speaking you would be more mature based on your age alone right? But perhaps, in the midst of it all, it gets to your subconscience when you do all your live firing and training. Likewise, after all that stuff and now we have to revert back to orientation games and all, I'm still just trying to figure out how things used to work. It all seems so JC and after 2.5 years, it does seem like a long time ago...

1 Response to "The long break"

  1. Stan Says:

    When they say it's waste of time, and that became a fact for them.