What is YOUR favourite cartoon?

Remember the times when we once religiously watched cartoons in the evenings and on weekend mornings? I sincerely hope with all my heart that what I just said is applicable to you because I do know some people who have almost never watched cartoons in the life. Such is the state of their childhood, peppered with stress and competition. Anyhow, that aside, what is the one cartoon that made your childish day? The one cartoon that you still remember vividly and still has a soft spot somewhere in your little heart.

For me, the answer is very easy. It's no other that the hard hitting, green looking, pizza eating, sewage living, american speaking ninja turtles! Little to say I was quite excited when I saw the trailer for the TMNT movie and realised that there was another movie on my favourite heroes. Why inspiration for this post is also due to the big picture of Leonardo splashed across my desktop as a wallpaper. I haven't really thought hard about why I like it the most out of all the cartoons I saw as a kid but off my head, it's possibly because it's fun loving, cool and has the hero-saves-the-day thing that all superheroes have. Compared to X-Men, spidermen, etc, TMNT is different in the humour, lightheartedness and effect that the drawings and colours create. Most other superhero shows have a dark colour tone and a more serious dialogue whereas the turtles are quite haphazard, funky creatures who have this catchy american slang. Michaelangelo comes out with all these phrases like "Cowabunga". So I guess it's things like that which make me like the show.

Actually I used to like Power Rangers as well but it pales in comparison because the same thing happens every week. The way the defeat the bad guy is always the same and it has evolved into something so different from the original, just like Transformers. And anyway, how can a handful of actors and actresses beat 4 turtles and a rat in acting? I think I still have some of the action figures somewhere in a box. I had one cool one in which Donatello could change from a pet turtle to the ninja turtle form. I've got the first 3 zords for Power Rangers too. That was at the peak of its popularity but in longevity, TMNT still wins hands down!

So, what is YOUR favourite cartoon?

Word of the Day: succinct - brief; terse; compact

0 Response to "What is YOUR favourite cartoon?"