Today's topic is a bit warped and confused but I shall try to pen it down anyhow. Okay first things first, what is the aim or point in having a girlfriend at the present moment? Will it not take up time, money and effort in finding and maintaining one after that? I admit that there are always pros and cons to just about everything around. So say we talk about the pros first. Having a girlfriend means having someone to be there for you (hopefully!) and someone to turn to or talk to and have fun with, leaving behind some special memories. Yes you may argue that you can always do that with friends but if you touch your heart, you have to admit that it's not the same. Moving on to the cons, having a girlfriend will take up much time, money and effort. How would you balance your girlfriend, friends and family? Maybe it's cause I'm still serving NS weekends are the only time when you can go out or really contact most friends. Assuming you have 2 days-Saturday and Sunday. How are you going to divide them up between your own time, friends, girlfriend, family and have enough time to rest? And this is playing down the "Book-In Syndrome" which takes the fun out of the last part of the book-in day. AND if you go to church, that becomes another time constraint. With someone to care about, it naturally becomes someone you worry about, taking up even more brain and heart matter. Also, will the happy memories be worth the painful or sad ones?
Next, the thing with our group is that we're all guys. Only once in a while does Kenny's girlfriend join in and that doesn't really make much of a difference. So because of that, I always end up going out with guys, which I don't have any complaints about. Just to defend why I always end up going out with guys is that, firstly, you can be more yourself with them. There's no need to worry about what happens if you do this or do that and you won't be accused of being ungentlemenly or things like that and there's things you just don't talk about with girls around. You don't need a proper plan and you can stay out later without much hassle. There's also generally more things in common to talk about. Inherently, there becomes more things that you can do together although this argument does have its flaws. It's only applicable in certain areas. For example, there are a lot of unisex activities like skating, cycling, karaoke, etc but it's quite rare (at least for me) for guys to go shopping after a planned activity (e.g. a movie). A more probable activity would probably be LAN or pool or just sitting around. That already makes things much easier.
I agree that going out too much with either guys or girls is imbalanced but is it wrong preferring to go out with guys rather than girls? I think they give different types or levels of satisfaction so maybe some people require different levels of each type. So what say you about this? Apologies for the haphazard writing.
Word of the Day: Clarion - clear and loud
Next, the thing with our group is that we're all guys. Only once in a while does Kenny's girlfriend join in and that doesn't really make much of a difference. So because of that, I always end up going out with guys, which I don't have any complaints about. Just to defend why I always end up going out with guys is that, firstly, you can be more yourself with them. There's no need to worry about what happens if you do this or do that and you won't be accused of being ungentlemenly or things like that and there's things you just don't talk about with girls around. You don't need a proper plan and you can stay out later without much hassle. There's also generally more things in common to talk about. Inherently, there becomes more things that you can do together although this argument does have its flaws. It's only applicable in certain areas. For example, there are a lot of unisex activities like skating, cycling, karaoke, etc but it's quite rare (at least for me) for guys to go shopping after a planned activity (e.g. a movie). A more probable activity would probably be LAN or pool or just sitting around. That already makes things much easier.
I agree that going out too much with either guys or girls is imbalanced but is it wrong preferring to go out with guys rather than girls? I think they give different types or levels of satisfaction so maybe some people require different levels of each type. So what say you about this? Apologies for the haphazard writing.
Word of the Day: Clarion - clear and loud