I honestly think Wen Jiabao is one of the most fantastic leaders in the world currently. His PR skills are top class and so has his running of the country so far. China's response to the quake has been so much better than the US in Katrina where both Bush and Rice were so slow to act whereas Wen Jiabao has been on the ground for days already. He's already there comforting the people, especially orphans and reassuring the public.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsAWAbWk8yk
This is a truly heartwarming video. As much as critics can slam it as propaganda and all, I don't think it's fake. If you don't feel anything watching the video then, well, that's odd since even I felt something. Truly Wen Jiabao's response is so quick and in some way, the quake has diverted attention from the Tibetan issue. No country in their right minds would continue to press China on its human rights issues in the midst of such a disaster. Perhaps, they can see instead what they can learn from China rather than finding trouble with them so frequently.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsAWAbWk8yk
This is a truly heartwarming video. As much as critics can slam it as propaganda and all, I don't think it's fake. If you don't feel anything watching the video then, well, that's odd since even I felt something. Truly Wen Jiabao's response is so quick and in some way, the quake has diverted attention from the Tibetan issue. No country in their right minds would continue to press China on its human rights issues in the midst of such a disaster. Perhaps, they can see instead what they can learn from China rather than finding trouble with them so frequently.