The pain of public hols during term

Once upon a time I absolutely adored public holidays since it was a time to play and slack and what not. Right now, there is absolutely NO POINT OR JOY for me right now to have a public holiday in the middle of term. Because of CNY and the fact that some profs have to go overseas for whatever reason, I am now facing a timetable where I have classes on Saturday every month for this entire month of January to start with. I will have biz law classes tomorrow and again on Monday! This leaves me with one day in between to prepare for the next class in addition to all the other crap I need to do. It's like a pseudo summer term.

Then all this going overseas thing is seriously penalising us by pushing everything together, exacerbated by the falling of CNY during term time. As excited as I would love to be for CNY, I really do not feel the excitement yet if ever. I'm possibly more bothered by the fact that it's going to be a hectic 7 days ahead which is pretty sad given that it's only the second week of school. It's immensely irritating yet somehow predictable. It's also quite sad how I've been in school every day since school started. Things wouldn't be so bad without all this shifting and rescheduling of classes to cram onto a Saturday. It is really, truly a living breathing irritant. What is the point of a public holiday really? In actual fact, if it was just one CNY it wouldn't be so bad. But I for some sad reason have got 3 rescheduled classes due to absenteeism not on my part which is hard to swallow.

What a sad first Friday of the term, reading biz law for tomorrow's make up class.

0 Response to "The pain of public hols during term"