The first post of the new year! I looked through some past entries and decided I should write something! To start off, here's some 2009 resolutions!
1) To do well in school
2) Read more. For the amount of time I had during the holidays I didn't exactly spend it all that productively.
3) Run more. Try now shall we.
Pretty simple resolutions I hope.
So well, a new year marks a new start. So far that's been the case in the markets. World indices have generally been up since the new year on hope of Obama's stimulus package and possibly the psychological edge to leave the bad behind and start afresh. If only things were that simple were they not? Yet still, some sense of optimism is good coming out of all this.
It's also been a rude wake up call back to school. I truly and honestly thought that I could spend my free day slacking at home or something during the first week of school while I slowly adjusted back to school life. Yet, it fails to be the case. Wearing formal on the 2nd day of school (today) and going back to school tomorrow for a meeting decided today. It is truly a sign that...school has begun. Thanks to CNY and the overseas travels of some of my profs, I've got make up classes on every Saturday of the lovely month of January. Now ain't that sweet. It's still too early to say how the term will turn out but it's a very untechnical semester. My body clock is so not tuned to term time yet. I'm ridiculously sleepy in class. Or maybe I just need my Delite tea.
Well happy new year everyone! May all your dreams and aspirations be realised as we make a fresh start so to speak.
"If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney
1) To do well in school
2) Read more. For the amount of time I had during the holidays I didn't exactly spend it all that productively.
3) Run more. Try now shall we.
Pretty simple resolutions I hope.
So well, a new year marks a new start. So far that's been the case in the markets. World indices have generally been up since the new year on hope of Obama's stimulus package and possibly the psychological edge to leave the bad behind and start afresh. If only things were that simple were they not? Yet still, some sense of optimism is good coming out of all this.
It's also been a rude wake up call back to school. I truly and honestly thought that I could spend my free day slacking at home or something during the first week of school while I slowly adjusted back to school life. Yet, it fails to be the case. Wearing formal on the 2nd day of school (today) and going back to school tomorrow for a meeting decided today. It is truly a sign that...school has begun. Thanks to CNY and the overseas travels of some of my profs, I've got make up classes on every Saturday of the lovely month of January. Now ain't that sweet. It's still too early to say how the term will turn out but it's a very untechnical semester. My body clock is so not tuned to term time yet. I'm ridiculously sleepy in class. Or maybe I just need my Delite tea.
Well happy new year everyone! May all your dreams and aspirations be realised as we make a fresh start so to speak.
"If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney