Had the finals of The Next Fund Manager today. Well we made it thus far which isn't too bad I suppose but I think we could have done better. The team got $100 which is at least some consolation for our efforts and I do appreciate that. But sometimes you just get that feeling that it could have been so much more.
I think that for any future presentation based competitions, we really need to sit down to storyboard the slides rather than just have each person do his own before compiling. My opinion is that our case could have been much clearer and I honestly think having more slides dilute your point. I think the emphasis wasn't clear enough and our outline could have been done better. The synergies between the different topics could also have been highlighted more effectively. I'm starting to really see the difference between a main point and a supporting point. Well, we learn from past mistakes.
I was mentioning to Anita how the the circle of people who are the more hardcore in finance/investment at the moment is pretty small. Like Anita said, unless they are really hiding their talents we've probably heard of them. They should all either be in SMIF or EyE or have taken part in the CFA competition or some other competition. An example would be this guy called Alex, whom I've never met, but I've heard of several times.
Dinnertime! bon appetit!
I think that for any future presentation based competitions, we really need to sit down to storyboard the slides rather than just have each person do his own before compiling. My opinion is that our case could have been much clearer and I honestly think having more slides dilute your point. I think the emphasis wasn't clear enough and our outline could have been done better. The synergies between the different topics could also have been highlighted more effectively. I'm starting to really see the difference between a main point and a supporting point. Well, we learn from past mistakes.
I was mentioning to Anita how the the circle of people who are the more hardcore in finance/investment at the moment is pretty small. Like Anita said, unless they are really hiding their talents we've probably heard of them. They should all either be in SMIF or EyE or have taken part in the CFA competition or some other competition. An example would be this guy called Alex, whom I've never met, but I've heard of several times.
Dinnertime! bon appetit!