Thoughts

It's been a hectic week having only eaten at home on Monday evening. I've been out till late for some obscure reason or another for the rest of the days. Well, it was a surprise early on in the week learning that we got through into the next round of this competition organised by NTU so we were shockingly, but pleasantly, surprised. That, however, meant a whole lot of extra work in doing more research as well as to create the presentation.

The presentation was yesterday where we trudged all the way to NTU and back but I thought we did pretty okay given our time constraints and meagre knowledge. There was one thing I was quite happy with though. I realised that as year 1s, our presentation slides are really not too bad. We managed to sneak a peak at another group's slides which were made in a very "listing" manner without much visual appeal. Presentation wise, I think we're being trained pretty well.

So I went back to school for the investment club alumni sharing session. I think that session has kind of put me off the idea of investment banking as a career option. The hours are crazy and there's no work-life balance at all. The guy who's interning at Lazard has slept 9 hours the whole week and missed his reunion dinner. It's not so much the working hours per se that kills but rather how you don't have time to spend with others. But perhaps it's because he's an intern which explains his situation. Perhaps if you're an actual i-banker life's a bit better. Then again, I think I should just stick to my fund dreams.

Sometimes you do lose motivation along the way when you wonder why or who you're working so hard for. I guess today's a mixed day. I'm kind of feeling a bit more upbeat and happy cause, well, I finally managed to get my much needed sleep! But today's also v-day which is well...mixed. Tomorrow shall be another wake up late day!

0 Response to "Thoughts"