After finding and reading my friend's blog, I felt that I should blog more, if not for the original intent that the blog was set up for, then to put more put more of my thoughts down.
As of a few days ago, my year 2 life in SMU is finally over. In my two years here, I think now is the most relaxed I've felt. There's no CCA, no OCIP, no event to worry about and finally being able to go on a proper holiday. The rest of the year is pretty much planned out - Vietnam in two days, internship in May/June and University of Southern California (USC) from August-December. That leaves July to plan for the exchange proper.
Right now, I'm going on my first (pseudo) backpacking trip with Eric and Yaosheng. I got a new 45litre bag from this awesome shop in the basement of Lucky Plaza (thanks to Sam) for $39! And the brand of the bag is...wait for it..."EYE". So now I have an eye bag. Sam has the same brand too so together, we have eye bags! But yes, all we have now is a plane ticket to Hanoi and a guidebook I borrowed from the library today. Will be reaching Hanoi around 10+am and we have to start hunting for a place to sleep. Exciting stuff maybe I can find a place to blog while we're there.
Ever since I visited Angkor Wat last year I felt like I needed to see the world. The Hanoi trip was made in the sian-ness of school in Jan/Feb and booked within a day of surfacing the idea. And now that I've changed SGD into VND, my wallet can't close properly with 5.7million dong in it.
Really looking forward to the trip. I'm just a really happy boy these few days :)
As of a few days ago, my year 2 life in SMU is finally over. In my two years here, I think now is the most relaxed I've felt. There's no CCA, no OCIP, no event to worry about and finally being able to go on a proper holiday. The rest of the year is pretty much planned out - Vietnam in two days, internship in May/June and University of Southern California (USC) from August-December. That leaves July to plan for the exchange proper.
Right now, I'm going on my first (pseudo) backpacking trip with Eric and Yaosheng. I got a new 45litre bag from this awesome shop in the basement of Lucky Plaza (thanks to Sam) for $39! And the brand of the bag is...wait for it..."EYE". So now I have an eye bag. Sam has the same brand too so together, we have eye bags! But yes, all we have now is a plane ticket to Hanoi and a guidebook I borrowed from the library today. Will be reaching Hanoi around 10+am and we have to start hunting for a place to sleep. Exciting stuff maybe I can find a place to blog while we're there.
Ever since I visited Angkor Wat last year I felt like I needed to see the world. The Hanoi trip was made in the sian-ness of school in Jan/Feb and booked within a day of surfacing the idea. And now that I've changed SGD into VND, my wallet can't close properly with 5.7million dong in it.
Really looking forward to the trip. I'm just a really happy boy these few days :)