I've been mulling over the exchange and which university in the US to go to but I think I've figured it out at last! I think I will apply to Emory which as 4 places open, located in Atlanta, Georgia. I really wanna go out of Asia and see the world, despite Asia being touted as the next growth engine. It sounds exciting living on your own with friends and touring the US! And the beauty of pass/fail mods means you can take hard/interesting mods without much of a care. Sounds so exciting but exchange is still 8 months away!
In the meantime, I still have an internship to find. I've been reading up on LTCM again cause of the research meeting I had to handle and as much as LTCM was a spectacular disaster, I think that hedge funds are very exciting and properly managed, should be able to generate good returns. Given a choice, I would rather work in a fund located in a shophouse rather than a bank located in a skyscraper. That said, if an attractive job in a bank was offered I may think otherwise but at least for now, the allure of hedge funds is still pretty strong.
It's the same as city-building games or simulations. The most fun part is always the start when you start out small. When things get too big and stable then it gets pretty boring.
I think something just clicked in me again, reminding me that I want to be successful. Perhaps that will be my motivation this semester. I want to be able to give my family what they want and be happy with my friends. I wonder how all this will pan out...
In the meantime, I still have an internship to find. I've been reading up on LTCM again cause of the research meeting I had to handle and as much as LTCM was a spectacular disaster, I think that hedge funds are very exciting and properly managed, should be able to generate good returns. Given a choice, I would rather work in a fund located in a shophouse rather than a bank located in a skyscraper. That said, if an attractive job in a bank was offered I may think otherwise but at least for now, the allure of hedge funds is still pretty strong.
It's the same as city-building games or simulations. The most fun part is always the start when you start out small. When things get too big and stable then it gets pretty boring.
I think something just clicked in me again, reminding me that I want to be successful. Perhaps that will be my motivation this semester. I want to be able to give my family what they want and be happy with my friends. I wonder how all this will pan out...