A Life Worth Living

If the world really were to end in 2012, I think that I would have lived a good, fulfilling life. I have long given up questioning the reason for existence but prefer to focus rather on how we exist and if we all live a fulfilling life (to our own personal standards) then I think that it's a life worth living.

I think that travelling the world will be something that I really want to do, not necessarily to every single destination in the world - some are too exotic at the moment and do not interest me, but there are enough places in this huge world to explore. Where would you want to go if you could go to any place in the world? I would probably head up to Everest Base Camp. There's just this allure of having said that you have been to Everest and I know how overwhelming and amazing the feeling is of feeling so small and humble (courtesy of the Grand Canyon).

Lots have happened this past year but I think the most significant thing would be finding a partner to start a journey with. It just seems like a natural part of life for me at least. I also think that one of the most amazing inventions of our time is the camera just cause it allows you to capture and preserve moments forever. It's a good feeling to open your pictures folder and look back once in a while. And I shall make it a point to take more pictures during my travels. :)

Also read up on the Parable of the Sadhu (http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2008/10/26/14/parable.source.prod_affiliate.56.pdf) which describes an ethical dilemma of a mountaineer. I think it's very relevant to our careers because all of us have certain values that we hold dear, not just ethical values but values such as spending time with friends and family and making time for yourself (Granted these sound very much like first world problems and assumes that you have basic needs met) so what happens if your job takes away a large chunk of that from you on a continuous long-term basis? Will you have the courage to quit the organisation? I think being financially stable and debt free will give you better leverage to make that call.

Happy quarter of a century to me!

1 Response to "A Life Worth Living"

  1. ELLYSAGE.com Says:

    Hahaha being FFF will give you the courage to quit the organisation.