AHM

Quick update! Into my second week of school and it feels like an eternity already. Just finished my first presentation on Monday which mean that I spent most of last week in school. Did the AHM on Sunday morning and saw quite a few familiar faces! Was nice seeing them again and thankfully I didn't see those I didn't want to see! Although running without much training isn't a very good idea so completing the run was an achivement in itself but it was pretty poorly organised. Given that the rain was pretty much the cause of it all but I'm sure there could have been contingency plans. After all, such events are all about the experience and after finishing, you expect be able to move smoothly to return your chip and collect your medal and drink. There was this HUGE congestion after the finish line and hopelessly poor signpostings to direct people. A few of us walked out of area without even returning the chip before realising that they missed the chip return station. Then there was the drink station where the IN and OUT queues didn't make sense at all. And because the the rain, the whole place was mud. Not grass...but mud. To add to that, there were so many army units crowding around the finishing area. What's the point in that? They could very well gather at another location rather than crowding with the public at the finishing area. There may be reasons, there may be excuses but when it comes to the bottomline, people don't care. They just want something done regardless of whatever excuses that may come up. They should honestly send all organisers to run the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon and see what kind of experience the organisers provide.

Yup and I was back in school after the run. Fascinating isn't it? Okay off to do the never-ending piles of work!

0 Response to "AHM"